Bean Shakshuka is definitely one of my favourite savoury breakfasts – high-protein and packed with goodness from the greens and veggies! The beans absorb all the flavour from the juicy tomatoes and spices! Best served with your favourite bread. To bring it to the next level I sprinkled some super easy, HOMEMADE CHEDDAR CRUMBLES – cheesy, protein-packed and super delicious! You just have to try it out!!
Ingredients for Shakshuka (1 serving)
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- Oil for skillet
- 1 cup cooked beans (I used red kidney beans)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup canned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp coconut amino or 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice
- Pinch of salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, add in garlic and onion and fry until fragrant and slightly brown.
- Add in beans and cook for another 5 mins
- Stir in canned tomatoes and let boil
- Add in coconut amino, sweetener and salt and pepper.
- Add baby spinach and cook until just wilted. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese crumbles
Protein+ Cheddar Cheese Crumbles
- 1 tbsp Plantforce NATURAL protein
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp warm water
?Simple mix together all the ingredients to form a thick batter-like mixture. Use your hands to crumble into small pieces